There are a lot of things going on right before your big day- making final preparations, fixing last minute problems, and worrying over how your dress will look on you for the Big Day. But there is something very important you have to remember to take care of- YOU!
Here are some things to keep in mind that will give you pictures that will not disappoint:
- Brides and brides to be smile a lot- so make sure to take care of your teeth. Some of us were not blessed with the blinding white teeth that others may have- to plan ahead if you need to have your teeth whitened.
- Make sure that makeup you are wearing for the big day will be appropriate for pictures. For example, glitter looks pretty in person, but might not show up correctly in pictures. Many girls will go for a makeup consultation. If you are one of them, make sure to take pictures of your face once the makeup is applied so that you have a better idea of what your face will look like.
- When putting on eye shadow, make sure to pick earth tones- you want your natural eye color to stand out, not the color you chose to apply. You want to look like yourself, just a beautiful and radiant version of yourself.
- When it comes to location, you may want to consider which season you are having your wedding in. If you are having one in the fall, finding a location with bright autumn leaves will serve as a beautiful backdrop.
- Make sure to have at least one person helping you. Let’s face it; wedding gowns are not the easiest piece of clothing to maneuver in. Stairs, slopes and even corners become more difficult to move around. Your bridesmaids are perfect for this, its part of what they signed up for!
- Let’s talk about skin. There are many things you can do to help your skin look its best for your special day:
- The most basic is to drink lots of water- not only is it important to be hydrated, but it also helps to clear toxins out of your skin.
- Lotion is also a huge helper here: damaged dry skin will show in your pictures.
- If you get a facial, don’t do it the day before your pictures are taken- whether they are on the wedding date or not- because the facial is bound to bring oils and dirt to the surface because they had previously been clogged.
- If you go tanning or spend any time outside, make sure to use lots of sun block so you don’t burn. Not only will you look red, but you will be very uncomfortable.
If you make sure to keep these tips in mind, then you are bound to have beautiful pictures that you will treasure for years to come.